Well, it had to happen. I do not have any routine inspection of my cyclone dust collection to determine if it is FULL. BAD Mistake !!
I built the entire Workbench TWO Project and then some without ever checking the cyclone.
A woodworker friend came over on Saturday to use my Domino for a project. He asked about the my Cyclone Dust Collection enclosure. So I spun the four knobs to remove the “door” and here is what we found !!
My Instagram 15 second video ( @mysawbartee )
Oh What a mess. The first thing we saw when I removed the door.
Next I started the process of cleaning up the mess. Removed the 55 gallon drum and took it outside.
Then I used my big aluminum dust pan as a shovel and filled 3 large constrution garbage bags. You can see after I moved out the drum how much saw dust was trapped. In addtion to being on the floor the plastic bag under the airfilter was completely full. I spent a while cleaning out the inside of the dust filter.
So I filled up 5 large construction bags. That means there was more outside the drum than in it. I also spent a while just vacuuming fine dust that came out of the cyclone enclosure.
While I was spreading dust everywhere in the shop, I also cleaned out the Dust Deputy, shop vac can. It was nearly full also.
All is well again. I guess I need to set a monthly appointment on my calendar to check the Dust Collection Drum !!!